February 21, 2024
Understanding foot pain: ball of foot pain | Runner sitting on the ground with his shoe off holding his instep.

Ball of Foot Pain: Causes and Solutions

Experiencing pain under the ball of the foot, commonly known as Metatarsalgia, is a frequent issue for individuals wearing shoes lacking proper cushioning and support. This problem is prevalent among men donning work boots, women opting for high-heeled shoes, or anyone wearing...
February 10, 2024
Achilles Tendonitis, understanding foot pain | Person holding back of ankle just above their running shoe

Understanding Foot Pain: Achilles Tendonitis

Achilles Tendonitis, also known as Tendinopathy, is characterized by inflammation in the Achilles tendon; the body's longest tendon responsible for connecting the calf muscles to the heel bone just behind the ankle joint. The contraction of the calf muscles pulls on the tendon...
January 26, 2024
Diabetic Foot Care in Tucson | Image of Diabetic Foot Care and solutions words shaped like a foot

Diabetic Foot Care: Recommendations and Solutions

Proper foot care is crucial for individuals with diabetes, as they often experience poor circulation and reduced sensation, particularly in their feet. The diabetic process can progress to neuropathy, leading to sensory challenges. This can result in ill-fitting shoes, causing heightened pressure and...
December 20, 2023
Graphic illustration of how custom orthotics help | illustration of a man from behind before and after custom orthotics

How Custom Orthotics Help

As a Certified Pedorthist, I deal with foot problems, and solve them with the use of custom-made orthotics (professionally made medical arch supports). The feet only make up 2% of your body mass but hold up the other 98%. When your feet (your foundation) start to break down due to aging, injury, aggressive use, or just being born with a congenital deformity, it will start a domino effect, affecting all the other parts of your body that stem from your feet.
December 14, 2023
3 Signs You May Need Custom Orthotics | Collage of images of feet legs & knees with inflamed areas and hands holding them

3 Signs You May Need Custom Orthotics

Custom orthotics are specialized insoles designed to address individual foot conditions and biomechanical issues. Recognizing the signs that indicate a need for these personalized solutions is crucial for maintaining optimal foot health. In this article, I'll explore three distinct signs that may suggest...
December 5, 2023
Foot Pain - Feet Shouldn't Hurt | A person holding their their

Foot Pain: Feet Shouldn’t Hurt

Your feet are very complex machines, with about 52 bones, 66 joints, and about 200 muscles, tendons and ligaments that are all working together in balance, so that you can live a fun, and pain-free life. Feet are built to be super tough and adaptable; you may end up walking thousands of miles in a lifetime...
November 30, 2023
Common Foot Problems | Runner with show off rubbing arch of foot

Top 3 Common Foot Problems Most People Have

Feet are complicated machines and according to statistical reports, about 75% of people in our country suffer from foot problems at some time in their lives. Your feet are made up of 28 bones, 30 joints, and more than 100 muscles, tendons and ligaments; all of which...
November 21, 2023
Healthy Feet, Healthy Body | Clos up of bottom of feet of person stretching with Simply Feet Logo overlay.

Prevention Is The Best Prescription; Healthy Feet, Healthy Body

We take a lot for granted when we’re young and only realize it when parts of our body start to hurt, especially healthy feet. What are common complaints that you might hear or feel yourself? My back hurts! My knee hurts! My balance is off, and I feel like I’m going to fall (or I have fallen before)! And very commonly; My feet are...
November 14, 2023
Common foot problems | Close up of mans feet together with shoes in the foreground and slightly out of focus

Common Foot Problems: The Three Most Problematic

Whatever the cause, foot problems and foot pain can interfere with daily functions and can even be debilitating. As a Certified Pedorthist, I come across a wide range of foot problems. Here are the three most common ones...
Schedule Your Orthotic Fitting